School Vision For History
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Inspire and motivate the children to learn
- Develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of each child
- Give opportunities for children to learn from each other
- Promote a positive attitude to learning
- Create life-long learners
- Enable children to understand that our present is shaped and formed from the past.
The learning of history inspires our pupils to have a curiosity of everything around them and to be inquisitive about events and people from the past..
History intends to allow our children to be immersed in events from the past and to forge links between these events and how we live our lives today..
At Hopton history is taught actively and immersively by encouraging the children to compare differences and similarities of different time periods by acting out, experiencing and recreating an event in time.
We strongly believe that the purpose of RE is about historical literacy. This means we aim for children to be able to hold a balanced and well-informed conversation about people and events from the past. To be able to think critically and weigh evidence and develop their own viewpoint and judgment of local, national and world wide historical events.
The basis of our curriculum is inspired by our school vision and ethos of #CARE, compassion, aspiration, respect and equality/equity.
British Museum of History