School Vision For PE
Through our curriculum we aim to:
- Engage and inspire children to take part in regular physical activity
- Raise the profile of PE throughout the school
- Promote confidence in children’s PE skills and knowledge
- Provide a broad range of experiences and activities for all
- Increase participation in competitive sporting activities
We aim to provide an inclusive and comprehensive PE curriculum where we collaborate with Premier Education to foster an active and healthy lifestyle. We work alongside curriculum specialists, such as gymnastics and swimming coaches, to give the children the best opportunity to experience and become passionate about different sports.
Our PE intends to broaden pupils’ horizons by taking them beyond the everyday. Therefore education should be one where we build a strong foundation of skills and knowledge. PE offers opportunities to build character and embed values which support children to push their limits. It enables all pupils to explore their physical characteristics as well as learn about themselves and others, as they face and overcome challenges. We believe PE has the power to allow all children the opportunity to excel, and to learn knowledge of how to keep themselves fit and healthy, both physically and mentally.
As a school we not only teach PE twice a week we also offer funtrition lessons every term and bespoke gymnastics and swimming (KS2), every year. Alongside this we aim to take part in inter school competitions and promote a healthy and active lifestyle through the golden mile. We also promote fitness within the local area by half termly visits to the beach where we explore the natural surroundings.
‘We are on a mission to make children happy and healthy by providing stimulating and exciting physical activity programmes. We offer a head on approach to mental health and promote wellbeing, reduce unhappiness and reduce feelings of anxiety.’
- The ability to acquire new knowledge and skills exceptionally well and develop an in-depth understanding of PE.
- The willingness to practise skills in a wide range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance.
- High levels of physical fitness.
- A healthy lifestyle, achieved by eating sensibly, avoiding smoking, drugs and alcohol and exercising regularly.
- The ability to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being.
- The ability to take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others.
- Exceptional levels of originality, imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography, knowledge of how to improve their own and others’
- performance and the ability to work independently for extended periods of time without the need of guidance or support.
- A keen interest in PE. A willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extra-curricular sport.
- The ability to swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and knowledge of how to remain safe in and around water.